We are becoming more and more aware today of the importance of saving energy. On the one hand, saving energy means caring for the environment by reducing our emission of gases and pollution, on the other it means looking after our household finances. We think that energy is inexhaustible and we are thoughtlessly using some materials, like oil and gas, excessively and not giving them time to regenerate. Hence, the importance of looking to the future and using energy in a responsible and conscious way. In this article we would like to talk to you about how it is possible to save energy through the energy rehabilitation of your building or property.
Índice de contenidos
- 1 What is energy rehabilitation?
- 2 The advantages of energy rehabilitation
- 3 How to apply for energy rehabilitation grants
- 4 How will I benefit from having energy rehabilitation work done in my property?
- 5 What is the PAREER+crece plan?
- 6 Types of works covered by the PAREER+crece plan
- 7 Works that improve energy certification
What is energy rehabilitation?
It is work carried out on buildings and properties to improve the efficiency of installations and reduce energy consumption.
It is estimated that the Spanish residential sector currently consumes 30% of the energy produced in the country, which is why energy rehabilitation is one of the basic pillars to achieve the European objectives on the reduction of greenhouse gases (CO2).
Almost 60% of Spanish properties were built before 1980 and have inadequate insulation and few measures aimed at energy efficiency. As owners of a Community you need to know that this type of rehabilitation affects the whole structure and requires significant planning and investment.
Renewing old air-conditioning systems with new equipment like condensing boilers, heat pumps or fitting insulated windows are examples of work that you could do in your property to make it more energy efficient.
The advantages of energy rehabilitation
- You will reduce your electricity bill by between 20% and 75%, as you won’t need to use as much energy to achieve the same results.
- By using less energy you will also produce between 10% and 30% less CO2 emissions.You will, therefore, be consuming energy in a way that is responsible and good for the planet.
- The value of your property will increase due to the savings generated by the energy rehabilitation without losing any quality of life.
How to apply for energy rehabilitation grants
Time: You have until July 31, 2021 to apply for a grant.
Subsidies of up to 70% of the cost
Grants for energy rehabilitation of buildings are subsidies granted by the State, to promote energy savings in properties. These grants consist of financial assistance, free of any consideration, which consists of a loan that is repayable over a maximum repayment period of 12 years.
Applications for grants are made through the programme PAREER+crece on the website of the Spanish Institute for Energy Diversification and Savings, of the Ministry of Industry, Energy and Tourism, which you can consult here. However, there are some special cases that you should be aware of when starting this process:
- If you are the owner of several buildings you will have to apply for a grant for each of them separately. That is, one application per building.
- If there are several beneficiaries involved for a single property, they can apply for grants provided that they are for different purposes.
- The grants from the programme PAREER+crece are compatible with other subsidies that do not originate from European funding.
How will I benefit from having energy rehabilitation work done in my property?
In recent years, the sustainability of buildings has become important. This is why energy certification has become one of the vital requirements for the sale or rental of property. Not only because energy efficient buildings consume less energy and are, therefore, cheaper to run, but also because social awareness on this matter has changed considerably.
This is why the public administration is also encouraging energy rehabilitation with state and regional grants, which cover part of the cost of the work to be carried out (improvements to the façade, optimisation of windows and balconies, installation of sustainable air conditioning, use of renewable energies, etc.)
What is the PAREER+crece plan?
It consists of grants for energy rehabilitation of buildings in the residential sector and for refurbishments that favour energy efficiency and reduce CO2 emissions.
Types of works covered by the PAREER+crece plan
- Improvement of energy efficiency of façades and roofs.
- Improvement of energy efficiency of thermal installations and lighting
- Replacing conventional energy with biomass in thermal installations.
- Replacing conventional energy with geothermal energy in thermal installations.
Works that improve energy certification
Communities that are interested in applying for these grants must improve their energy certification by at least one letter because of the energy rehabilitation work that is carried out.
If you are thinking of carrying out any type of rehabilitation work, Mediterráneo can help you. Thanks to our suppliers’ platform, Miserv we have access to the best professionals who will help you with the refurbishment of your Community. If you have any questions, please contact your Mediterráneo Property Administrator and apply now for your energy rehabilitation grant.
If you want to continue saving energy and reducing our impact on future generations, we suggest reducing your electricity bill in a way that is clear and easy. At Mediterráneo many Communities are already relying on Grupo Carvisa for their electricity bill. If you want to know whether it’s worth it and how your bill will be reduced, just complete the form below and try it out with no obligation.